Wednesday, June 27, 2012

We are the answer!

“Remember, all the answers you need are inside of you; you only have to become quiet enough to hear them.” Debbie Ford. Thanks to Elaine Starling for posting this.
You know how interesting it is when something you say as the professor has a great impact on your students - something said casually or as an aside?   In my course on Organizational Change a student asked me a question about "how do you know", like, how do you know you're choosing the right thing?   The context wasn't critical for this purpose.
I remember saying, "I used to think that the answer resided in other people, so I used to ask them "What would you do?" until I figured out that they didn't have "the answer" that would be right for me; I had to find the answer inside myself." - and that statement hit the spot for some of the students.
What I forgot to tell them is that it's a lesson that I need to keep re-learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment